"Eric M. Ludlam" wrote: [...] > I must apologize for not actually trying out the Emacs integration. It > is pumpkin throwing season which keeps me busy. (see > www.punkinchunkin.com for the sport, or www.siege-engine.com for my > team.) Thanks for your reply. I have to admit, that I hardly read any more convincing (and judging from the pictures: more impressive) excuse for being less responsive than that... ;-) > Anyway, the template directory is set up like this for EDE: > > (let* ((lib (locate-library "ede.el" t)) > (ededir (file-name-directory lib)) > (tmpdir (file-name-as-directory > (expand-file-name "templates" ededir)))) > (when (not tmpdir) > (error "Unable to location EDE Templates directory")) > > (require 'srecode-map) FWIW: 'srecode/map with the Emacs integration. > (add-to-list 'srecode-map-load-path tmpdir) > (srecode-map-update-map t) This (and some digging in the content of srecode-map-load-path) brought me a step further. I copied all ede and srecode templates from the cedet CVS to ~/.srecode/ which was in my srecode-map-load-path. Now I get an different error on any attempt to rebuild a projects makefile (which afaiu is also a part of compiling). From *Messages*: Replace EDE Makefile Compiling template default.srt... 0 templates compiled for nil srecode-compile-templates: You must specify a MODE for your templates Is more information needed than that provided during ede-new and ede-new-target? cheers sascha -- Sascha Wilde "Structure is _nothing_ if it is all you got. Skeletons _spook_ people if thwy try to walk around on their own. I really wonder why XML does not." -- Erik Naggum in comp.lang.lisp