On 2015-03-02 07:23, torys.anderson@gmail.com (Tory S. Anderson) writes: > Contrary to my long-held belief in the stagnation of the Gnus codebase > (I was under the impression it had been untouched since 2009), Gnus > has been revived and I want to implement changes that are newer than > my current 25.0.5 emacs version. But it looks from my package manager > that Gnus isn't something that I can, for instance, grab from > Melpa. What's the best practice for updating a core package like this? > Can I clone http://git.gnus.org/gnus.git and cause emacs to respect > the clone over the built-in? Should I? I use the git version of gnus. I simply do "make" after checking it out, then I have this in my init.el: #+begin_src emacs-lisp (add-to-list 'load-path "~/src/gnus/lisp/") (require 'gnus-load) #+end_src Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7