Hi, 2016 is almost over, and we still haven't picked a date to celebrate GNU Emacs's 40the anniversary. I stumbled upon this thread from earlier this year: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-02/msg01643.html I like December 25, like RMS is suggesting, and we still can prepare the /birthday party/. One idea I was thinking of: merry-grav-mass-mode An animated Grav-mass tree inside your Emacs. It would be awesome. (see https://stallman.org/grav-mass.html for more info) Unfortunately I am not so skilled with elisp to write it myself. Regards, Toon