all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* When building GNU Emacs from CVS
@ 2003-10-09 21:32 David Steuber
From: David Steuber @ 2003-10-09 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Do I have to run 'make bootstrap' each time?  I am building the
23.50.x Carbon port.

--
One Emacs to rule them all.  One Emacs to find them,
One Emacs to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Class B NRA Rifle Silhouette shooter
There are no typos in this post.  My spelling realy is that bad.

* Re: When building GNU Emacs from CVS
@ 2003-10-09 21:47 ` lawrence mitchell
From: lawrence mitchell @ 2003-10-09 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Steuber wrote:

> Do I have to run 'make bootstrap' each time?  I am building the
> 23.50.x Carbon port.

Not generally, no.  this from INSTALL-CVS in the emacs base
directory:

/----[ emacs/INSTALL-CVS ]

\----

--
lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li>

* Re: When building GNU Emacs from CVS
@ 2003-10-10 14:47   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2003-10-10 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Do I have to run 'make bootstrap' each time?  I am building the
>> 23.50.x Carbon port.
> Not generally, no.  this from INSTALL-CVS in the emacs base
> directory:

The last three lines of INSTALL-CVS are also relevant.

* Re: When building GNU Emacs from CVS
@ 2003-10-10 21:29     ` David Steuber
From: David Steuber @ 2003-10-10 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The last three lines of INSTALL-CVS are also relevant.

Hint taken.