all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* binding alt key to meta on macosx
@ 2004-02-17 10:08 Daan Hoogland probably
From: Daan Hoogland probably @ 2004-02-17 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

H,

I'm amongst more running emacs 21.2.1 on moc os x 10.3.2 under X11 1.0
- XFree86 4.3.0. I am tryng to use the alt-key as meta prefix, but in
other applications it is giving me french, brazilian, dutch or unicode
characters. Does anyone know of a way to get around this?

thanks,

* Re: binding alt key to meta on macosx
       [not found] <mailman.2555.1077012532.928.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-02-18 23:02 ` fsu
From: fsu @ 2004-02-18 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Any reason why you are not using the Carbon version of Emacs instead
of X11?

In the carbon version you can set alt as meta using:

(setq mac-command-key-is-meta nil)

Regards,

Frank