Hi, I'm working to make use of pam_mktemp in my systems by default, pam_mktemp is a PAM module that creates a private temporary directory per-user inside /tmp and sets TMP and TMPDIR accondingly. Unfortunately emacs (server.el) and emacsclient hardcodes the path for the socket to use to /tmp (/tmp/emacs${userid}/${servername}), rather than checking TMPDIR (as [1] tells to do, by the way). [1] http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Semantics -- Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò http://blog.flameeyes.eu/