Hi Anders, Following your idea, here's an updated patch that works equivalently. Please let me know what you think. > Anyway, I think that we're on the right track and I appreciate that you > have taken time to work on this! My pleasure! > PS. I just found another, unrelated, problem, when comparing the NS and X11 > versions. When passing a negative value to `set-frame-position' it is > supposed to place the frame relative to the right/bottom border of the > display, but in the NS version it doesn't. (The X11 version gets the Y > placement wrong with 48 pixels, but that is another story.) Hm... but what if a second display is in the negative coordinate space? How would you place a frame on it programmatically? In any case I'll try to build the X11 version and see how it does it -- I wasn't aware that it still works on Mac OS. Cheers, Charles >> A quick test on 10.6: >> >> (setq ns-auto-hide-menu-bar t) >> >> ;; Places the frame just above the top of the screen. >> (set-frame-position (selected-frame) 0 -20) >> >> ;; Frame would be completely offscreen; so it's constrained and brought >> ;; back. >> (set-frame-position (selected-frame) 0 -10000)