all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Key command to format code
@ 2003-01-01 22:49 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2003-01-01 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pretty discouraged to be posting about this.  Somehow I've forgotten
the key combo to format a region of code.

I've been looking for it for 1/2 hour already.

C-h i m emacs
index search for `format'  no luck or I'm overlooking it.

C-h b (view all bindings) Then C-s for format... no luck

s (regex)  search with `format' and `format.*code' .. no luck

This command should be findable with the keyword of `format' and
maybe it is, but not for me.

* Re: Key command to format code
       [not found] <mailman.6.1041461844.29703.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-01-01 23:03 ` lawrence mitchell
From: lawrence mitchell @ 2003-01-01 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Harry Putnam wrote:

> Pretty discouraged to be posting about this.  Somehow I've forgotten
> the key combo to format a region of code.

Do you want `indent-region'? C-M-\

If not, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "format code".
[...]

--
lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li>

@ 2003-01-01 23:11 ` Tim Haynes
From: Tim Haynes @ 2003-01-01 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Harry Putnam <hgp@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> Pretty discouraged to be posting about this. Somehow I've forgotten the
> key combo to format a region of code.

How `format'?

Is M-C-\ your fwend(TM) today? :)

~Tim
--
April comes to the new grass                |piglet@stirfried.vegetable.org.uk
On the hills of gold                        |http://spodzone.org.uk/

* Re: Key command to format code
@ 2003-01-02  2:02   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2003-01-02  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li> writes:

> Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> Pretty discouraged to be posting about this.  Somehow I've forgotten
>> the key combo to format a region of code.
>
> Do you want `indent-region'? C-M-\

Yup

Tim Haynes <usenet@stirfried.vegetable.org.uk> writes:

> How `format'?
>
> Is M-C-\ your fwend(TM) today? :)

Yup

You guys have lowered the suicide rate in Southern Cal by one today.
Thanks.

I still think it should be findable by searching on `format'.
If Eli sees this, I think he might fix it so it is.

* Re: Key command to format code
@ 2003-01-02  6:16     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-01-02  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Harry Putnam wrote:

> I still think it should be findable by searching on `format'.
> If Eli sees this, I think he might fix it so it is.

I see it, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to make the change, or
even think about it.  Soo swamped these days.

Please post this request to gnu.emacs.bug, since you want to report a
documentation bug.

Thanks.

* Re: Key command to format code
@ 2003-01-03  4:30       ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2003-01-03  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@is.elta.co.il> writes:

> On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> I still think it should be findable by searching on `format'.
>> If Eli sees this, I think he might fix it so it is.
>
> I see it, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to make the change, or
> even think about it.  Soo swamped these days.
>
> Please post this request to gnu.emacs.bug, since you want to report a
> documentation bug.

Yeah its not exactly a big one.  Certainly not worth stopping
important work for.  I did send the bug but it went to
 emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org since I used the Help/bug report menu.