martin rudalics writes: >> I added a line to check for frames. > > No - this might be dangerous for now. Suppose we have callers that > relied on `posnp' to return nil in that case. They would all of sudden > have to deal with the fact that they get a frame now, so more or less we > could reintroduce the problem you try to fix presently. Please take > this out for the moment but state in the doc-string that `posnp' returns > nil if the first element of OBJ is a frame. Later on we can change this > as you did and see what happens. Okay, but I think this should be a reasonably high priority for the maintainers of this part of the lisp tree. Aren't there likely to be quite a few undiscovered bugs, some perhaps quite destructive, that result from following the behavior as it was documented, just as there are (presumably) places where new bugs would manifest if `posnp' were brought in line with its advertised behavior? In any case, I've appended a FIXME comment in addition to revising the docstring. I added the log entry to the highest-level ChangeLog file, since I edited files in lisp/ and doc/ (even though the doc/ changes were only in reference to functionality implemented under lisp/). Is that right? Daniel