all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Copying .emacs.d
@ 2016-05-25  5:23 Rusi
From: Rusi @ 2016-05-25  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is it ok to copy over .emacs.d from one machine to another (assume similar OS)?

I am specifically thinking of packages and elpa directory -- is there some kind
of fingerprinting or is it legitimate?

Context: I'd like to setup one minimal box for my students and then
they can copy over .emacs.d from there to their laptops