all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* created by/with emacs logo
@ 2008-08-13 13:09 Tamas K Papp
From: Tamas K Papp @ 2008-08-13 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I am looking for a logo that says "created by emacs" or something like
that, which I can put at the bottom of a webpage.  PNG or SVG would be
nice...

Thanks,

Tamas

* Re: created by/with emacs logo
@ 2008-08-13 13:52 ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
       [not found] ` <mailman.16578.1218635547.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-08-13 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tamas K Papp; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Tamas K Papp wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I am looking for a logo that says "created by emacs"

"create by emacs" sounds nice, but Emacs is not that good. Yet. ;-)

 > or something like
 > that, which I can put at the bottom of a webpage.  PNG or SVG would be
 > nice...

I am not aware of such an icon. I have made a small icon for nXhtml, but
I do not think anyone has used it sofar:

   http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/nXhtml/doc/nxhtml.html

There is tiny icon just below the grapes.

@ 2008-08-13 14:30   ` Tamas K Papp
From: Tamas K Papp @ 2008-08-13 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:52:10 +0200, Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:

> Tamas K Papp wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I am looking for a logo that says "created by emacs"
>
> "create by emacs" sounds nice, but Emacs is not that good. Yet. ;-)

I have seen this kind of thing for Xemacs, so I thought Emacs would have
it.

Even the splash logo (that appears when I open my emacs 23, a gnu, with
Emacs written under it) would be useful.  How can I find that?  Could not
locate it in /usr/share/emacs/23.0.0/etc/images (I am using Debian Linux).

@ 2008-08-13 14:37 ` Xah
From: Xah @ 2008-08-13 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Tamas K Papp wrote:
> I am looking for a logo that says "created by emacs" or something like
> that, which I can put at the bottom of a webpage.  PNG or SVG would be
> nice...

There are quite a few on the web. Just image google for “made with
emacs”

http://images.google.com/images?q=made+with+emacs

Recently i re-created the official emacs logo in svg, sans the shadow
drop. See:

http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs_logo.html

Also, recently i found a bunch of emacs logos on emacsw32 site, but I
just spent 3 min on the site and google and couldn't find the correct
url. Try:

http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32Util.html

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: created by/with emacs logo
@ 2008-08-13 15:00   ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-08-13 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xah; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/NewIcons.html

>   Xah
> ∑ http://xahlee.org/
>
> ☄

* Re: created by/with emacs logo
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-08-13 23:44 ` Nikolaj Schumacher
From: Nikolaj Schumacher @ 2008-08-13 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tamas K Papp; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Tamas K Papp <tkpapp@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a logo that says "created by emacs" or something like
> that, which I can put at the bottom of a webpage.  PNG or SVG would be
> nice...

I can't think of anything more appropriate than plain text for this. :)

But if you insist on SVG:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<svg id='root' xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2000/svg'
     xmlns:xlink='http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink' version='1.1'>

  <text x='0' y="15" font-size="15">made with Emacs</text>
</svg>

Now even the "made with Emacs" logo was made with Emacs. :)

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher