all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* inherit the path environment from .bash_profile (Mac OS 10.5)
@ 2010-08-06  3:15 Z
From: Z @ 2010-08-06  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

Is there a way to inherit the path environments of .bash_profile, when we
lance emacs directly from the dock of Macs?

In fact, I am using Mac OS X 10.5. I launch carbon emacs from the dock
(which is the icons list normally at the bottom of the screen) . Then, if I
invoke a shell from within emacs, it does not inherit the path environment
defined at .bash_profile !

So in my case, how can I achieve this inheritance of path environments?
Maybe it suffices to add something at the initialization file .emacs?

Thank you for your ideas.

Z.

* Inherit the path environment from .bash_profile (Mac OS 10.5)
@ 2010-08-06  3:17 Z
From: Z @ 2010-08-06  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs