Hi all, I've been trying to improve my C skills lately, so I thought I'd take a crack at adding a small feature to xdisp.c. I've written a simple mode-line indicator to visually show the relative size and position of the window view on the current buffer. It works by adding a new %-spec construct to decode_mode_spec. The result is akin to a vertical scroll-bar, but it appears as a horizontal mark on the mode-line. It may be useful to terminal users or those who prefer to run with traditional scroll-bars turned off. I've attached a screen-grab of what it looks like on my system. The indicator is activated by adding %N~ to mode-line-format, where N is a positive integer that sets the desired width of the indicator in char. I'm under no illusions that this should be included in Emacs, and admittedly, it is a very simple feature, but I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions to improve the code. Patch attached. Thanks, Nick