all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Database packages suitable for BibTex?
@ 2002-04-22 23:56 Don Bashford
From: Don Bashford @ 2002-04-22 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bashford

I've got a 10-year accumulation of bibliographic information that I
maintain as a BibTeX file.  I've been tinkering with edb.el and
edbibtex.el (which is built on top of edb.el).  These are rather clunky
and neither seems to be maintained anymore.

Is anyone working on a database facility for emacs that would be
suitable for BibTex-type data?

Is anyone working on more general database facilities for emacs?

Failing all that, is there interest out there on my own
adaptations/fixes of the edb/edbibtex system?

Thanks,
Donald Bashford
Please reply to,
bashford@scripps.edu

* Re: Database packages suitable for BibTex?
@ 2002-04-24  9:10 ` Michal Maruška
From: Michal Maruška @ 2002-04-24  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Don Bashford <bashford@scripps.edu> writes:

> Is anyone working on a database facility for emacs that would be
> suitable for BibTex-type data?

i use my package MDB, which allows searching, linking and editing
SQL-accessible data (i use postgresql).

one of the last versions is here:
http://maruska.dyndns.org/comp/emacs/mdb

i have been using it for >2 years, but it needs more work.
If interested, please contact me.