all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs keys
@ 2008-07-10  7:44 halidziya yerebakan
       [not found] ` <mailman.14598.1215836863.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: halidziya yerebakan @ 2008-07-10  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I want to configure Emacs to complete my code by another key for example
ctrl+space as in windows
My default key is esc+shift+7 it is very difficult to press. How can I
achive this. I read the FreeBSD developer book but I can't cofigure the
Emacs because I don't know the function to complete code.

Thanks

--
freebxx

* Re: Emacs keys
@ 2008-07-12  4:18 ` William Xu
       [not found] ` <mailman.14598.1215836863.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: William Xu @ 2008-07-12  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"halidziya yerebakan" <halidziya@gmail.com> writes:

> I want to configure Emacs to complete my code by another key for example
> ctrl+space as in windows My default key is esc+shift+7 it is very difficult to
> press. How can I achive this.

What kind of `completion'? lisp, c++?

What does `esc+shift+7' do? Are you using some extension?

> I read the FreeBSD developer book but I can't cofigure the Emacs
> because I don't know the function to complete code.

You should have consulted elisp.info.

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org

* Re: Emacs keys
       [not found] ` <mailman.14598.1215836863.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-07-12 11:39   ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2008-07-12 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

William Xu <william.xwl@gmail.com> writes:

> What kind of `completion'? lisp, c++?
>
> What does `esc+shift+7' do? Are you using some extension?

dabbrev-expand (M-/). Shift+7 is / in many non-english keyboard layouts.

--
Johan Bockgård

* Re: Emacs keys
@ 2008-07-12 13:02     ` William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2008-07-12 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> dabbrev-expand (M-/). Shift+7 is / in many non-english keyboard
> layouts.

Ah, I've only used english and japanese keyboards.

So, `dabbrev-expand' is the function name the OP wants.

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org

* Re: Emacs keys
@ 2008-07-12 16:52       ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2008-07-12 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

() William Xu <william.xwl@gmail.com>
() Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:02:03 +0900

   So, `dabbrev-expand' is the function name the OP wants.

Emacs tells you what command is bound to a key
sequence SEQUENCE given the command:

C-h c SEQUENCE

For example: `C-h c C-h c' shows in the echo area:
"C-h c runs the command describe-key-briefly"

thi

* Re: Emacs keys
       [not found] <mailman.14593.1215833937.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-07-12 16:58 ` notbob
From: notbob @ 2008-07-12 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2008-07-10, halidziya yerebakan <halidziya@gmail.com> wrote:

> My default key is esc+shift+7.....

Did you try alt+shift+7?  Often, the alt key is interchangeable with the esc
key.  alt-shift is easily doable with either hand with a little practice.

nb