all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* using directory local variables in mode hooks
@ 2014-08-15 18:26 Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2014-08-15 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,
I set `python-shell-extra-pythonpaths' in .dir-locals.el and I want to use
its value to set `compile-command' in `python-mode-hook'.
Alas, it appears that `python-mode-hook' is run _before_ .dir-locals.el
is processed.
Is there a way out for me?
Thanks!
--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1265
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://truepeace.org http://memri.org

* Re: using directory local variables in mode hooks
@ 2014-08-16 23:04 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2014-08-16 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org> writes:

> I set `python-shell-extra-pythonpaths' in .dir-locals.el and I want to use
> its value to set `compile-command' in `python-mode-hook'.
> Alas, it appears that `python-mode-hook' is run _before_ .dir-locals.el
> is processed.

I had a similar problem with file local variables in Ada mode; I moved
some of the mode processing into buffer-local hack-local-variables-hook,
which is then set in ada-mode.

--
-- Stephe