all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Colin McLear <mclear@unl.edu>
To: Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net>
Cc: "60479@debbugs.gnu.org" <60479@debbugs.gnu.org>
Subject: bug#60479: =package-vc-selected-packages=
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 14:45:48 +0000	[thread overview]

I pulled from emacs master today and now I can get the original code working. /But/, I tried with a different package, like so:

,----
 (setq package-vc-selected-packages
 '((zotxt
 :url "<https://github.com/egh/zotxt-emacs.git>"
 :branch "master")))

 (package-vc-install-selected-packages)
`----

and I get the following stacktrace:

,----
 Debugger entered--Lisp error: (cl-assertion-failed ((package-vc-p pkg) nil))
 cl--assertion-failed((package-vc-p pkg))
 package-vc--version(#s(package-desc :name zotxt :version (20210908 402) :summary "Tools to integrate emacs with Zotero via the zotxt..." :reqs ((request (0 3 2)) (deferred (0 5 1))) :kind tar :archive "melpa" :dir "/Users/roambot/.emacs.d/var/elpa/zotxt-20210908.40..." :extras ((:commit . "d344e7ac281a083f4e39e95b5664633a015e2b3b") (:authors ("Erik Hetzner" . "egh@e6h.org")) (:maintainer "Erik Hetzner" . "egh@e6h.org") (:keywords "bib")) :signed nil))
 package-vc--generate-description-file(#s(package-desc :name zotxt :version (20210908 402) :summary "Tools to integrate emacs with Zotero via the zotxt..." :reqs ((request (0 3 2)) (deferred (0 5 1))) :kind tar :archive "melpa" :dir "/Users/roambot/.emacs.d/var/elpa/zotxt-20210908.40..." :extras ((:commit . "d344e7ac281a083f4e39e95b5664633a015e2b3b") (:authors ("Erik Hetzner" . "egh@e6h.org")) (:maintainer "Erik Hetzner" . "egh@e6h.org") (:keywords "bib")) :signed nil) "/Users/roambot/.emacs.d/var/elpa/zotxt-20210908.40...")
 package-vc--unpack-1(#s(package-desc :name zotxt :version (20210908 402) :summary "Tools to integrate emacs with Zotero via the zotxt..." :reqs ((request (0 3 2)) (deferred (0 5 1))) :kind tar :archive "melpa" :dir "/Users/roambot/.emacs.d/var/elpa/zotxt-20210908.40..." :extras ((:commit . "d344e7ac281a083f4e39e95b5664633a015e2b3b") (:authors ("Erik Hetzner" . "egh@e6h.org")) (:maintainer "Erik Hetzner" . "egh@e6h.org") (:keywords "bib")) :signed nil) "/Users/roambot/.emacs.d/var/elpa/zotxt-20210908.40...")
 package-vc--unpack(#s(package-desc :name zotxt :version (20210908 402) :summary "Tools to integrate emacs with Zotero via the zotxt..." :reqs ((request (0 3 2)) (deferred (0 5 1))) :kind tar :archive "melpa" :dir "/Users/roambot/.emacs.d/var/elpa/zotxt-20210908.40..." :extras ((:commit . "d344e7ac281a083f4e39e95b5664633a015e2b3b") (:authors ("Erik Hetzner" . "egh@e6h.org")) (:maintainer "Erik Hetzner" . "egh@e6h.org") (:keywords "bib")) :signed nil) (:url "<https://github.com/egh/zotxt-emacs.git>" :branch "master"))
 package-vc-install-selected-packages()
 (progn (package-vc-install-selected-packages))
 elisp--eval-last-sexp(nil)
 eval-last-sexp(nil)
 funcall-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil)
 command-execute(eval-last-sexp)
`----

This package /does/ install normally if I just do:

,----
 (unless (package-installed-p 'zotxt-emacs)
 (package-vc-install "<https://github.com/egh/zotxt-emacs.git>"))
`----

Please let me know if there is other information I can provide.

regards,

Colin

On 2023-02-13 at 20:01 UTC, Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> wrote...

--