all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Reading/Posting to usenet with EMACS
@ 2003-12-09 21:41 exits funnel
From: exits funnel @ 2003-12-09 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I apologize if this is a FAQ. A google search resulted
in about a million hits but the onese I took the time
to look at all seemed pretty dated.  The question then
is:  Is there a package available to allow me to
read/post to usenet?  If so could somebody just point
me in the right direction?  Thanks in advance.

-exits

http://photos.yahoo.com/

* Re: Reading/Posting to usenet with EMACS
       [not found] <mailman.1432.1071009851.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-12-09 21:58 ` Yoni Rabkin
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Yoni Rabkin @ 2003-12-09 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

M-x gnus

@ 2003-12-09 21:58 ` Martin Stemplinger
From: Martin Stemplinger @ 2003-12-09 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Die Dez 09 2003 at 22:41, exits funnel <exitsfunnel@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a package available to allow me to
> read/post to usenet?  If so could somebody just point
> me in the right direction?  Thanks in advance.

Try gnus. Older (I think) version are part of the distribution and
newer can be found at http://www.gnus.org
--
Remove NOSPAM to reply by mail

@ 2003-12-09 21:59 ` Yoni Rabkin
From: Yoni Rabkin @ 2003-12-09 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

M-x gnus

* Re: Reading/Posting to usenet with EMACS
       [not found] <mailman.1432.1071009851.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2003-12-10 13:39 ` Dan Anderson
From: Dan Anderson @ 2003-12-10 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

exits funnel <exitsfunnel@yahoo.com> writes:

        Many  other  posters  have  recommended Gnus.   It's  a  great
newsreader, but  remember to browse  through the manual and  come back
here when you need help.  You're  probably going to want to change the
default behavior.

-Dan

* Re: Reading/Posting to usenet with EMACS
@ 2003-12-10 14:47   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-12-10 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Dec 10 2003, Dan Anderson wrote:

> exits funnel <exitsfunnel@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>         Many other posters have recommended Gnus.  It's a great
> newsreader, but remember to browse through the manual and come back
> here when you need help.

<news:gnu.emacs.gnus> is probably a better place to ask questions on
Gnus.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Reading/Posting to usenet with EMACS
@ 2003-12-11  1:20     ` Tim McNamara
From: Tim McNamara @ 2003-12-11  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 10 2003, Dan Anderson wrote:
>
>> exits funnel <exitsfunnel@yahoo.com> writes:
>>
>>         Many other posters have recommended Gnus.  It's a great
>> newsreader, but remember to browse through the manual and come back
>> here when you need help.
>
> <news:gnu.emacs.gnus> is probably a better place to ask questions on
> Gnus.

gnu.emacs.gnus is an excellent resource, with very immediate helpful
www.gnus.org is also excellent, with a very convenient copy of hte
manual, updated sources, etc.

I'm tempted to say it's a gnus world, but I'm sure that's been said
already.