Julien Cubizolles writes: > Rasmus writes: > >> Rainer M Krug writes: >> >>> Bastien writes: >>> >>>> Thanks again for the detailed config Rainer. >>>> >>>> The way to go for me know is to discipline myself not retrieving email >>>> too often. An old "papa"-way to avoid race conditions. >>> >>> True - offlineimap checks in my case every two minutes (offlineimap's >>> quick check), and an more detailed check every 10 minutes - I guess this >>> is often quite often. >> >> Offlineimap supports IDLE. > > Does this mean you don't need to run offlineimap periodically if you use > this modeĀ ? It doesn't help with potential race conditions with Gnus > accessing the mailbox, does itĀ ? Yes - offlineimap is running permanently, but ony checks in specific intervalls - the rest of the time it is idling, but can, if told so, keep the connection open (and this is what I do in my config). No - I don't think it has any impact on potential race conditions. Cheers, Rainer >> >> Rasmus > > > -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982