all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How have .emacs segment ONLY run if X-Windows but NOT if run without X?
@ 2003-12-01 18:41 Christian Seberino
From: Christian Seberino @ 2003-12-01 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

How have .emacs segment ONLY run if X-Windows but NOT if run without X?

Have you ever had some commands that worked with Emacs in X but
not if no X?

Chris

* Re: How have .emacs segment ONLY run if X-Windows but NOT if run without X?
@ 2003-12-01 19:28 ` Dan Anderson
From: Dan Anderson @ 2003-12-01 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

seberino@spawar.navy.mil (Christian Seberino) writes:

> How have .emacs segment ONLY run if X-Windows but NOT if run without X?
>
> Have you ever had some commands that worked with Emacs in X but
> not if no X?

        Go to the DotEmacs page on  Emacswiki.org if you want to see a
way to run commands in your .emacs only if you are in an X Window.  If
you're asking why they might break, I dunno.

-Dan

* Re: How have .emacs segment ONLY run if X-Windows but NOT if run without X?
@ 2003-12-02  8:39 ` François Fleuret
From: François Fleuret @ 2003-12-02  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

,----
| window-system's value is x
|
| Name of window system that Emacs is displaying through.
| The value is a symbol--for instance, `x' for X windows.
| The value is nil if Emacs is using a text-only terminal.
`----

Hence, using (when window-system ...) should do it.

Regards,

--
François Fleuret