all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* building emacs cvs on macosx tiger
@ 2005-08-14 18:19 Flatman
       [not found] ` <mailman.3761.1124069699.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Flatman @ 2005-08-14 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

Building emacs from cvs on my Tiger installation generates following
error :

Any idea why ?

Thanks
Erik

gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib -c -fpascal-strings -fno-common -DMAC_OSX -I../mac/src   -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -I. -I/Users/ec/emacscvs/emacs/mac/../src -fpascal-strings -fno-common -DMAC_OSX -I../mac/src -Dtemacs -g -O2 image.c
image.c: In function 'parse_image_spec':
image.c:851: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'strcmp' differ in signedness
image.c: In function 'slurp_file':
image.c:2130: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
image.c: In function 'image_load_qt_1':
image.c:2203: error: 'GraphicsImportComponent' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c:2203: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
image.c:2203: error: for each function it appears in.)
image.c:2203: error: parse error before "gi"
image.c:2212: error: 'GraphicsImporterComponentType' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c:2213: error: 'gi' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c:2259: error: 'graphicsImporterDrawsAllPixels' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c: In function 'xbm_read_bitmap_data':
image.c:2986: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
image.c: In function 'xbm_load':
image.c:3145: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'slurp_file' differ in signedness
image.c:3224: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
image.c:3226: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
image.c: In function 'xpm_put_color_table_h':
image.c:4005: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'make_unibyte_string' differ in signedness
image.c: In function 'xpm_get_color_table_h':
image.c:4018: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'make_unibyte_string' differ in signedness
image.c: In function 'xpm_load_image':
image.c:4099: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'sscanf' differ in signedness
image.c:4135: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strtok' differ in signedness
image.c:4135: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
image.c:4138: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'xpm_str_to_color_key' differ in signedness
image.c:4143: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
image.c:4147: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
image.c:4149: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'xpm_str_to_color_key' differ in signedness
image.c:4152: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in signedness
image.c:4158: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'build_string' differ in signedness
image.c:4175: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'xstricmp' differ in signedness
image.c:4182: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'xstricmp' differ in signedness
image.c: In function 'xpm_load':
image.c:4281: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'slurp_file' differ in signedness
image.c: In function 'pbm_load':
image.c:5346: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'slurp_file' differ in signedness
image.c: In function 'png_load':
image.c:6194: error: 'kQTFileTypePNG' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c: In function 'tiff_load':
image.c:7066: error: 'kQTFileTypeTIFF' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c: In function 'gif_load':
image.c:7450: error: 'Movie' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c:7450: error: parse error before "movie"
image.c:7452: error: 'Track' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c:7452: error: parse error before "track"
image.c:7453: error: 'Media' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c:7485: error: 'kQTFileTypeGIF' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c:7497: error: 'movie' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c:7520: error: 'kDataRefExtensionMacOSFileType' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c:7533: error: 'HandleDataHandlerSubType' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c:7558: error: 'track' undeclared (first use in this function)
image.c:7559: error: 'media' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [image.o] Error 1
make: *** [bootstrap-build] Error 2
Make bootstrap failed...  Aborting make-package.

* Re: building emacs cvs on macosx tiger
@ 2005-08-15  1:15 ` Sean Sieger
       [not found] ` <mailman.3761.1124069699.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Sean Sieger @ 2005-08-15  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Flatman <flatman@swing.be> writes:

> Any idea why ?

Did the ./configure script find the gif, png and tiff libraries?
--
Sean Sieger

@ 2005-08-15  9:26   ` Flatman
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3806.1124111373.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Flatman @ 2005-08-15  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> wrote:

| Flatman <flatman@swing.be> writes:
|
| > Any idea why ?
|
| Did the ./configure script find the gif, png and tiff libraries?

This is a part the output of it :

Configured for `powerpc-apple-darwin8.2.0'.

  Where should the build process find the source code?    /Users/ec/emacscvs/emacs/mac/..
  What operating system and machine description files should Emacs use?
        `s/darwin.h' and `m/powermac.h'
  What compiler should emacs be built with?               gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib -g -O2
  Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             no
    (The GNU allocators don't work with this system configuration.)
  Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    no
  Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         no
  What window system should Emacs use?                    mac
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          none
  Where do we find X Windows header files?                NONE
  Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   NONE
  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  no
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  no
  Does Emacs use -lungif?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   no
  Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars?                   yes

nothing else found about gif,png and tiff
might this be the reason ?

Erik

* Re: building emacs cvs on macosx tiger
@ 2005-08-15 12:36     ` Sean Sieger
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3806.1124111373.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Sean Sieger @ 2005-08-15 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Flatman <flatman@swing.be> writes:

> might this be the reason ?

With a limited amount of time last night I went through emacs/mac/, emacswiki
and looked for mail lists at apple. I couldn't find anything about compiling
cvs emacs on mac which tells me that I wasn't looking in the right places. I
can only suggert that  you read the README and INSTALL files in mac/ very
carefully and see if that gives you any ideas for what you ought to be
googling for--in fact, have you scoured the archives for this very list? That
would be my next move (again, after commiting to memory the above two files).
--
Sean Sieger

@ 2005-08-15 20:47       ` Flatman
From: Flatman @ 2005-08-15 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> wrote:

| Flatman <flatman@swing.be> writes:
|
| > might this be the reason ?
|
| With a limited amount of time last night I went through emacs/mac/, emacswiki
| and looked for mail lists at apple. I couldn't find anything about compiling
| cvs emacs on mac which tells me that I wasn't looking in the right places. I
| can only suggert that  you read the README and INSTALL files in mac/ very
| carefully and see if that gives you any ideas for what you ought to be
| googling for--in fact, have you scoured the archives for this very list? That
| would be my next move (again, after commiting to memory the above two files).

Found the solution !

Emacs cvs does not build with these packages installed with fink !

 i      libquicktime0   0.9.4-11        Enhanced quicktime4linux library
 i      libquicktime0-bin       0.9.4-11        Various commands using quicktime4linux library
 i      libquicktime0-shlibs    0.9.4-11        Shared libraries for quicktime4linux

Erik