all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs and cygwin
@ 2006-10-03  1:12 Ajit Mylavarapu
From: Ajit Mylavarapu @ 2006-10-03  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to use emacs in a cygwin window under Windows XP Home. The
problem is that C-x C-c does not work! Is there any way around this?
Maybe be changing the compatibility mode or something?

Thanks,
Ajit.

* emacs and cygwin
@ 2016-01-06  2:19 Frank Esposito
From: Frank Esposito @ 2016-01-06  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am having an  problem starting emacs within cygwin/bash --

I am getting this message

C:/CYGWIN/bin/emacs-X11.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?:

Is there a way I can debug the startup of emacs to see what is missing? env
vars?

Thanks

--
Frank Esposito

* Re: emacs and cygwin
@ 2016-01-06 17:10 ` Keith Osterheld
From: Keith Osterheld @ 2016-01-06 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Esposito; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Run the command emacs --debug-init. If you can't figure out what's wrong
after that, post the error messages it gives you.

Frank Esposito writes:

> I am having an  problem starting emacs within cygwin/bash --
>
> I am getting this message
>
> C:/CYGWIN/bin/emacs-X11.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?:
>
> Is there a way I can debug the startup of emacs to see what is missing? env
> vars?
>
> Thanks

* Re: emacs and cygwin
@ 2016-01-11 15:31 ` Filipp Gunbin
From: Filipp Gunbin @ 2016-01-11 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Esposito; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

What's you PATH set to?  Have you changed it by hand?

You could try to:

- try to reinstall the package

Filipp