I've built Emacs master branch a few times now on OSX 10.6.8 from scratch beginning from cloning the master and have concluded that the fist suggestion by Alan is sufficient to permit a successful build and working version of Emacs. - unsignedlong does not need any changes. - ns_query_color does not need any changes. Changing colorUsingDefaultColorSpace from deviceRGBColorSpace to genericRGBColorSpace is sufficient. I am unsure why my initial attempts at changing only colorUsingDefaultColorSpace was insufficient. I am 99.99% certain that I did a `make clean` before doing another `make` and `make install`. Keith