all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Carbon Emacs - How to Display Diacriticals in Dired
@ 2004-12-22  5:59 Harald Maier
From: Harald Maier @ 2004-12-22  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo all,

I am using CVS Carbon Emacs. If I start emacs in a console window or
in a xterm with the '-q -nw' options then DIRED displays diacriticals
fine. E.g.

$ src/emacs -q -nw
  -rwx------    1 maierh  maierh   4081414 21 Dez  2002 Björk

If I start Carbon Emacs then I see the following:

$ mac/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -q (with the "fontset-mac")
  -rwx------    1 maierh  maierh   4081414 21 Dez  2002 Björk

I am not sure whether this is only a customization issue or a
problem. If I edit a utf-8 file directly or inside Gnus I don't have
such problems.

Harald

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-12-22  5:59 UTC | newest]