On Fri, 03 Oct 2014 18:28:22 +0800 Leo Liu wrote: LL> There are multiple problems with cfengine3-make-syntax-cache: LL> 1. call-process-shell-command changed in trunk; simply replace it with LL> process-file. LL> 2. it doesn't always return a `syntax' value Thanks for catching this, I had not noticed it sooner. Please see the patch below; does it work for you? If so I will commit and close the bug. LL> 3. cf-promises doesn't have -s option in Centos 6.5 (cfengine 3.3) I think that's all right, we will default to the fallback syntax. The `-s' option was added after 3.3 but IMO the fallback syntax is good enough for all 3.x work. (Unfortunately the Red Hat ecosystem has no CFEngine package maintainers so to get the latest you have to install from the official CFEngine package repo as directed by their website.) Thanks Ted