all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: MPS: additional check
       [not found] <m25xvoesub.fsf@pro2.fritz.box>
@ 2024-05-08  7:30 ` Gerd Möllmann
From: Gerd Möllmann @ 2024-05-08  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Helmut Eller, Emacs Devel

Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> writes:

> FYI, I've pushed an addtional check for ENABLE_CHECKING. This one
> detects when XSYMBOL is used on a symbol that has been forwarded.
>
> It makes things slower of course but not too much, and hopefully helps
> us find those untraced references that I see with native compilation,
> and which I can't get a grip on at present.

And I've added more of the same with ENABLE_CHECKING.

With this, in a clean native build, I get

'../src/bootstrap-emacs' -batch --no-site-file --no-site-lisp --eval "(setq load-prefer-newer t byte-compile-warnings 'all)" --eval "(setq org--inhibit-version-check t)"  \
	-l comp -f byte-compile-refresh-preloaded \
	-f batch-byte+native-compile ../lisp/files.el

igc.c:308: Emacs fatal error: assertion failed: h->obj_type != IGC_OBJ_FWD

But only outside of LLDB, even with ASLR enabled.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-05-08  7:30 UTC | newest]