martin rudalics writes: >> I have a question about minibuffer handling with child frames. Actually, >> it's something that currently behaves differently on GUI and tty with >> Posframe, via Vertico-Posframe, plus consult-buffer and similar. Since >> I've looked at this for two hours today without being able to tell what >> I'm missing here, I thought I'd just ask if you, or anyone else, has an >> idea where to look. >> >> Here's what I see: >> >> On GUI, consult-buffer pops up a child frame, which has, AFAICT, a >> minibuffer at the top. The cursor is in that minibuffer. The minibuffer >> ih the parent frame looks inactive. There is no prompt or anything else. >> That's how it should be. >> >> With my new code on tty, the same child frame pops up, but this time the >> child frame's minibuffer contains a prompt and what I type is displayed >> there and so on, but it doesn't have a visible cursor. The parent >> frame's minibuffer this time contains the prompt and the cursor, too. >> >> Any idea what that could be? > > Remember what I asked earlier? > >> >> Looks good. But where does the user's answer appear? In the >> >> child-frame's minibuffer window? >> > >> > If you mean the 'y' when I type y at the prompt, that appears just after >> > the prompt, that should be the echo area I think. >> >> Good. I asked because I didn't see the cursor in the minibuffer window. >> But screenshots often don't capture cursors. I'm attaching an example, where I hope one can see that in a "normal" child window this seems to work ATM. (Didn't get the blinking cursor in the capture, but it's in the minibuffer in the child frae.) Please note that the parent frame's minibuffer is inactive, everything happens in the minibuffer of the child frame.