all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Slow push to bzr
@ 2013-03-26  3:49 Leo Liu
From: Leo Liu @ 2013-03-26  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

It seems my connection from where I am to bzr.savannah.gnu.org is very
thin seeing 1k/s on a daily basis. I can live with this since my commits
are only occasional.

But every push regardless of how small it is has ~500k of data
upload/download (as shown in the console by 'bzr push'). This takes time
and timeouts frequently on really bad days.

I am running Bazaar (bzr) 2.6b2 on python 2.7.3 on centos 6.4.

Thoughts?

Leo

* Re: Slow push to bzr
@ 2013-03-26 13:07 ` Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2013-03-26 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Liu; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:49:32 +0800
Leo Liu <sdl.web@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems my connection from where I am to bzr.savannah.gnu.org is very
> thin seeing 1k/s on a daily basis.

Me, too.  `bzr pull'/`bzr branch' often timeout on my machine.

> I am running Bazaar (bzr) 2.6b2 on python 2.7.3 on centos 6.4.

I am running Bazaar (bzr) 2.6b2 on python 2.7.3 on Debian wheezy.

> Thoughts?

I think the problem is on savannah.gnu.org or GNU Bazaar.

--
Xue Fuqiao
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/