all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* color bleeding in eshell
@ 2010-09-22 20:23 Leo
From: Leo @ 2010-09-22 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When I have eshell-handle-ansi-color in eshell-output-filter-functions,
sometimes ansi-color changes the background color for the whole eshell
session. For example, in this screenshot http://imagebin.org/115264, the
background color has been changed to yellow.

I wonder if someone else has seen this problem and if there is a cure.
Thanks.

Leo

* Re: color bleeding in eshell
@ 2010-09-22 21:59 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2010-09-22 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2010-09-22 21:23 +0100, Leo wrote:
> When I have eshell-handle-ansi-color in eshell-output-filter-functions,
> sometimes ansi-color changes the background color for the whole eshell
> session. For example, in this screenshot http://imagebin.org/115264, the
> background color has been changed to yellow.
>
> I wonder if someone else has seen this problem and if there is a cure.
> Thanks.
>
> Leo

I can reproduce this with this perl script (single file)
http://betterthangrep.com/ by doing something like:

 1. cd /usr/include/
 2. ack time

Leo