all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* function "global"?
@ 2010-06-05 14:20 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-06-05 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I get this error sometimes opening header files.

apply: Searching for program: no such file or directory, global

More precisely this is the error
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Searching for program" "no such file or directory" "global")
  call-process("global" nil #<buffer *CEDET Global*> nil "-pq")
  apply(call-process "global" nil #<buffer *CEDET Global*> nil "-pq")

So it comes from cedet.
The funny thing is that if I try the second time than it opens it
without problems, which is quite strange I think.

And what should that *global* used for by the way?

I'm struggling to understand and configure at best semantic and cedet
for C/java programming but it's not so easy, anyone has a nice and
working configuration to "show me"?

Mine is org-mode based and it's here
http://github.com/AndreaCrotti/Emacs-configuration

* Re: function "global"?
@ 2010-06-07 16:44 ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-06-07 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Apparently the problem got solved by itself, I removed all my cedet
stuff and now I use the files already given with my emacs 23
distribution.

Now my configuration is something like this
(require 'cedet)

(global-ede-mode t)
(require 'semantic)
(load-library "semantic/senator")

(semantic-mode t)
(global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode)
(global-semantic-idle-completions-mode)
(global-semantic-decoration-mode)
(global-semantic-highlight-func-mode)
(global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode)
(load-library "semantic/db")
(global-semanticdb-minor-mode t)

And it works pretty nicely, BUT I think there's a problem with
semanticdb and files on a sshfs mounted volue.
I get this kind of error here below:

eieio-validate-slot-value: Invalid slot type:
semantic-collector-buffer-deep, cache, (or null
semanticdb-find-result-with-nil), (([object semanticdb-table
"simulation.py" [object semanticdb-project-database-file "blinker/"
"/Volumes/arch 3/wireless-sensors/blinker/" semanticdb-table nil
([object semanticdb-table "BlinkMsg.py" #3

Any idea?

* Re: function "global"?
@ 2010-06-07 17:34   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2010-06-07 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Crotti; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> wrote:

> And it works pretty nicely, BUT I think there's a problem with
> semanticdb and files on a sshfs mounted volue.
> I get this kind of error here below:

> Any idea?

Maybe you are hitting problems with the merge of CEDET into Emacs?
This is not finished and I think more hands to help with it would be
good.

If someone is interested please go to the development lists for CEDET and Emacs.

* Re: function "global"?
@ 2010-06-07 19:39     ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-06-07 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> Maybe you are hitting problems with the merge of CEDET into Emacs?
> This is not finished and I think more hands to help with it would be
> good.
>
> If someone is interested please go to the development lists for CEDET and Emacs.

Ok now is working fine, I just deleted completely the directory created
by semanticdb and it's fine...
I will go on the cedet list, I have many things I would like to do, but
it's really great already to work with it!