On 2011-02-22 05:48 +0800, Stefan Monnier wrote: > It looks like this died down. Could the two authors of the two > competing implementations comment on their opinion on the best way to > replace the current C code with Elisp code? > > It would be good if it could be installed first as a "replace the C > code with functionally equivalent code" and then a bunch of patches > adding new features (e.g. addressing bug#8087). I think first we need to find a way to clean up signalled/exited/closed processes in the elisp version of list-processes in order to keep its documented behaviour. Any objection to using this: (mapc (lambda (p) (when (memq (process-status p) '(exit signal closed)) (delete-process p))) (process-list)) This re-use delete-process instead of another primitive. ,----[ (info "(elisp)Deleting Processes") ] | If you delete a terminated process explicitly before it is | deleted automatically, no harm results. `---- I attach an implementation of list-processes in elisp that's more or less equivalent to the primitive list-processes except it no longer pops up an empty buffer when the process list is empty. Best wishes, Leo