Tags: patch Hello Dmitry, All, This patch adds support for bookmarking "*xref*" buffers and restoring them later, even across Emacs sessions. To make this happen, we need to propagate some more information to the "*xref*" buffer (and any other Xref fronted). We do this, without breaking compatibility, by setting a new variable from inside the xrefs fetcher function. The frontend can examine this variable to learn all about the source of the fetched xrefs after invoking the fetcher. Namely, the "*xref*" buffer uses this information to create bookmarks. WDYT?