all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Flymake hanging with C
@ 2010-10-06 13:49 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-10-06 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I remember some time ago it was working fine, but now with
GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.3.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.29) of
2010-05-09 on linc

it doesn't anymore.
In short I have a C project with a makefile, if I try to enable flymake
the first time it complains, the second it crashes and I have to kill
Emacs...(I don't try again now because it's a pain to restart again)

In the configuration of flymake I don't find anything useful, maybe any
of you has the same problem?
And have solved it somehow?

Did you configure anything at all for C?
(It works perfectly for python for example...)

* Re: Flymake hanging with C
@ 2010-10-14 11:10 ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-10-14 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> I remember some time ago it was working fine, but now with
> GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.3.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.29) of
> 2010-05-09 on linc
>
> it doesn't anymore.
> In short I have a C project with a makefile, if I try to enable flymake
> the first time it complains, the second it crashes and I have to kill
> Emacs...(I don't try again now because it's a pain to restart again)
>
> In the configuration of flymake I don't find anything useful, maybe any
> of you has the same problem?
> And have solved it somehow?
>
> Did you configure anything at all for C?
> (It works perfectly for python for example...)

Actually I just had to read better, it's enough to create in the
makefile a target like

check-syntax:
	gcc -o nul -S ${CHK_SOURCES}

but I still don't get how to make it more general, maybe with some
buffer variables.
I don't always have the possibility to add my own targets to the
Makefile and/or is not so easy sometimes...

* Re: Flymake hanging with C
@ 2010-10-14 13:35   ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-10-14 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:
> Actually I just had to read better, it's enough to create in the
> makefile a target like
>
> check-syntax:
> 	gcc -o nul -S ${CHK_SOURCES}
>
> but I still don't get how to make it more general, maybe with some
> buffer variables.
> I don't always have the possibility to add my own targets to the
> Makefile and/or is not so easy sometimes...

So I added this simple line in a bigger project and of course nothing
works.
I tried then to modify the function manually to execute "make" only
instead, and everything hangs and I have to kill brutally Emacs...

It would be really useful, any idea how to fix that?