all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* M-x pdb
@ 2011-12-22 13:56 Leo
From: Leo @ 2011-12-22 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I am trying to use `M-x pdb' but unfortunately I am on a system (OSX
10.6.8) where there is not executable pdb. Any idea what it is?

Thanks.

Leo

* Re: M-x pdb
@ 2011-12-22 16:15 ` Alexander Etter
From: Alexander Etter @ 2011-12-22 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Leo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

On Dec 22, 2011, at 8:56, Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use `M-x pdb' but unfortunately I am on a system (OSX
> 10.6.8) where there is not executable pdb. Any idea what it is?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Leo

I suggest installing PDB.
Alexander.

* Re: M-x pdb
@ 2011-12-23  1:06   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2011-12-23  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Alexander Etter; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

On 2011-12-23 00:15 +0800, Alexander Etter wrote:
> I suggest installing PDB.
> Alexander.

How so? What pdb?

On GNU/Linux /usr/bin/pdb is installed as part of the python package.

Leo

* Re: M-x pdb
@ 2011-12-23  2:48 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2011-12-23  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2011-12-22 21:56 +0800, Leo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use `M-x pdb' but unfortunately I am on a system (OSX
> 10.6.8) where there is not executable pdb. Any idea what it is?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Leo

OK, fixed. I forgot python modules are executable. So linking pdb.py to
one of the directory in shell PATH fixes this.

Leo