On 2011-10-02 09:12 +0800, Stefan Monnier wrote: > [ Moved away from gnu.emacs.sources where it doesn't belong any more. ] > >>> you will find now last version of eldoc-eval.el in GNU ELPA. >> I wonder if it makes sense to provide a message-function to customise >> how `message' posts its messages. > > I think doing it for `message' is a bit too radical. But an > eldoc-message-function hook would be perfectly fine, and I still hope > (despite Thierry's failure to figure out how) that such a hook can be > used to simplify (and integrate) eldoc-eval.el. > > > Stefan Sounds good. How about something as shown in the attachment? Leo