all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: [elpa] master cf17576 4/7: Fix #89: Make sure compilation-auto-jump run before cleanup
       [not found] ` <20161002014727.C847C22016A@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2016-10-02  3:05   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2016-10-02  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Leo Liu

> +      ;; Manually run the `compilation-auto-jump' timer. Hackish but
> +      ;; everything else seems unreliable. See:
> +      ;;
> +      ;; - http://debbugs.gnu.org/13829
> +      ;; - http://debbugs.gnu.org/23987
> +      ;; - https://github.com/leoliu/ggtags/issues/89
> +      ;;
> +      (pcase (cl-find 'compilation-auto-jump timer-list :key #'timer--function)
> +        (`nil )
> +        (timer (timer-event-handler timer)))

I think this deserves a bug report, where we try to figure out how to
make it possible for ggtags.el to work properly without resorting to such
a hideous and brittle hack.

A hack will probably have to stay for compatibility with older Emacsen,
but we should come up with a better solution for the future.

* Re: [elpa] master cf17576 4/7: Fix #89: Make sure compilation-auto-jump run before cleanup
@ 2016-10-02  5:26     ` Leo Liu
From: Leo Liu @ 2016-10-02  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2016-10-01 23:05 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I think this deserves a bug report, where we try to figure out how to
> make it possible for ggtags.el to work properly without resorting to such
> a hideous and brittle hack.
>
> A hack will probably have to stay for compatibility with older Emacsen,
> but we should come up with a better solution for the future.

Agreed and http://debbugs.gnu.org/24585.

Leo