all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using only my-own cedet
@ 2010-08-03 11:32 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-08-03 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Now emacs 23.2 has cedet already shipped in, which is great, but I can't
assume that everywhere (and other people) are using 23.2.

Some time ago I tried to use the cedet from cvs and set up all the paths
correctly.
But I had some strange problems which later I understood where due to
the fact that I was using both implementations (which are incompatible).

Is there anyone uses it's own cedet in 23.2 also?
Or should I brutally delete it (or remove from the path) to make sure it
doesn't interfere?

* Re: Using only my-own cedet
@ 2010-08-03 16:19 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2010-08-03 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Crotti; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 3 August 2010 04:32, Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anyone uses it's own cedet in 23.2 also?
> Or should I brutally delete it (or remove from the path) to make sure it
> doesn't interfere?

Just load the appropriate .elc file. I think the major difference
between the two version is how you set it up. The cedet integrated
with emacs is turned on with various minor modes and the cedet from
CVS is loaded with something like this,

(load-file "~/.emacs.d/elisp/cedet/common/cedet.elc")
(setq semantic-load-turn-useful-things-on t)

Hope this helps.

--
Suvayu

* Re: Using only my-own cedet
@ 2010-08-03 18:09   ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-08-03 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> Just load the appropriate .elc file. I think the major difference
> between the two version is how you set it up. The cedet integrated
> with emacs is turned on with various minor modes and the cedet from
> CVS is loaded with something like this,
>
> (load-file "~/.emacs.d/elisp/cedet/common/cedet.elc")
> (setq semantic-load-turn-useful-things-on t)
>
> Hope this helps.

Very good it works now!
I had to change to this

  (load (concat conf "cedet/common/cedet"))
  (setq semantic-load-turn-everything-on t)

which if I understood correctly will load the elc if possible and el
otherwise.

Thanks finally I got it running fine :)

* Re: Using only my-own cedet
@ 2010-08-03 18:20     ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2010-08-03 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Crotti; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

>  (load (concat conf "cedet/common/cedet"))

It is a bit easier and more portable to use expand-file-name instead of concat.

* Re: Using only my-own cedet
@ 2010-08-03 18:36       ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-08-03 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

>>  (load (concat conf "cedet/common/cedet"))
>
> It is a bit easier and more portable to use expand-file-name instead of concat.

Well that "conf" variable is a full path, so it is in fact portable in theory...