all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Knuth and Plass line breaking algorithm
@ 2021-12-11 15:38 Nicolas P. Rougier (inria)
From: Nicolas P. Rougier (inria) @ 2021-12-11 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'm reading the ongoing thread on variable pitch text filling and
I did not see a mention to the Knuth and Plass line breaking
algorithm (the one used in TeX). Maybe I missed it but I wanted to
be sure it has been considered (I'm making a separate post to not
break the vraible pitch thread).

Original article:
http://www.eprg.org/G53DOC/pdfs/knuth-plass-breaking.pdf

Emacs implementation: