all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Timothy J. Miller" <tmiller@mitre.org>
To: 63157@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#63157: [EXT] bug#63157: Acknowledgement (29.0.60; mml-sec with EPA S/MIME signencrypt messgages are not parsed by other implementations)
Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 08:44:12 -0500	[thread overview]

OK, my bad re: gpgsm; I didn't grok the limits of that tool.  So strike
the "anything else" and replace it with "Outlook".  From my mucking
about:

- Clients:
  - gnus-article-mode and descendents
  - TBird
  - Outlook
  - OpenSSL smime
  - gpgsm [with p7s/p7m mime-part properly extracted]

- Signed only messages validate with all clients

- Encrypted only messages decrypt with all clients

- Sign+encrypt messages fail with Outlook.

Outlook is completely unhelpful here; with debug enabled via `defaults
write com.microsoft.Outlook LogForTroubleshooting -bool TRUE` on macOS,
this is about all I can find that's relevant:

```
05/01/2023 07:52:14.812 OUTLOOK (0x118c) 0xc6a8000 Microsoft Outlook outlook.olxhx 9tals Unexpected Actor API loadSMIMEContent succeeded but failed to unpack message
05/01/2023 07:52:14.812 OUTLOOK (0x118c) 0xc6a8000 Microsoft Outlook outlook.mail 4y8j3 Medium PreviewPane loadSMIMEContent - STOP {"DecodingIsSuccessful": false}
```

Outlookin
--
-- T