all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: master d03677343e9: Pan during touch screen pinch gestures
       [not found] ` <20231116033024.A8049C0C1B3@vcs2.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2023-11-16  8:51   ` Eshel Yaron
From: Eshel Yaron @ 2023-11-16  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Po Lu

Hi Po Lu,

> branch: master
> commit d03677343e9a54f76de7e3ac2db6e22df3fa4333
> Author: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Commit: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
>
>     Pan during touch screen pinch gestures

Thanks for working on pinch gestures, that's really cool.

>     * lisp/completion-preview.el (completion-preview-commands):
>     Account text-conversion events preview commands as well.

I'm not sure I understand this change though,

>  (defcustom completion-preview-commands '(self-insert-command
>                                           insert-char
>                                           delete-backward-char
> -                                         backward-delete-char-untabify)
> +                                         backward-delete-char-untabify
> +                                         text-conversion)
>    "List of commands that should trigger completion preview."
>    :type '(repeat (function :tag "Command" :value self-insert-command))
>    :version "30.1")

Is `text-conversion` a command?  I can't find such a command or
function, even after rebuilding Emacs master following this commit.
OTOH I see that there's an event called `text-conversion`, that triggers
a command called `analyze-text-conversion`, so perhaps it's that command
that should go on `completion-preview-commands`?

Cheers,

Eshel

* Re: master d03677343e9: Pan during touch screen pinch gestures
@ 2023-11-16  9:29     ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2023-11-16  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eshel Yaron; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eshel Yaron <me@eshelyaron.com> writes:

> Hi Po Lu,

>> branch: master
>> commit d03677343e9a54f76de7e3ac2db6e22df3fa4333
>> Author: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
>> Commit: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
>>
>>     Pan during touch screen pinch gestures
>
> Thanks for working on pinch gestures, that's really cool.
>

>>     * lisp/completion-preview.el (completion-preview-commands):
>>     Account text-conversion events preview commands as well.
>
> I'm not sure I understand this change though,
>
>>  (defcustom completion-preview-commands '(self-insert-command
>>                                           insert-char
>>                                           delete-backward-char
>> -                                         backward-delete-char-untabify)
>> +                                         backward-delete-char-untabify
>> +                                         text-conversion)
>>    "List of commands that should trigger completion preview."
>>    :type '(repeat (function :tag "Command" :value self-insert-command))
>>    :version "30.1")
>
> Is `text-conversion` a command?  I can't find such a command or
> function, even after rebuilding Emacs master following this commit.
> OTOH I see that there's an event called `text-conversion`, that triggers
> a command called `analyze-text-conversion`, so perhaps it's that command
> that should go on `completion-preview-commands`?

Ah, sorry; that code should not have found its way into this commit.  I
meant to commit this separately after testing it.

I'll correct this forthwith.

* Re: master d03677343e9: Pan during touch screen pinch gestures
@ 2023-11-16  9:45       ` Eshel Yaron
From: Eshel Yaron @ 2023-11-16  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Eshel Yaron <me@eshelyaron.com> writes:
>
>>>  (defcustom completion-preview-commands '(self-insert-command
>>>                                           insert-char
>>>                                           delete-backward-char
>>> -                                         backward-delete-char-untabify)
>>> +                                         backward-delete-char-untabify
>>> +                                         text-conversion)
>>>    "List of commands that should trigger completion preview."
>>>    :type '(repeat (function :tag "Command" :value self-insert-command))
>>>    :version "30.1")
>>
>> Is `text-conversion` a command?  I can't find such a command or
>> function, even after rebuilding Emacs master following this commit.
>> OTOH I see that there's an event called `text-conversion`, that triggers
>> a command called `analyze-text-conversion`, so perhaps it's that command
>> that should go on `completion-preview-commands`?
>
> Ah, sorry; that code should not have found its way into this commit.  I
> meant to commit this separately after testing it.
>
> I'll correct this forthwith.

Thanks.  FWIW I've now tested Completion Preview mode with the latest
Android build after substituting `text-conversion` with
`analyze-text-conversion` (as you did in the new commit), works nicely!