all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* More interactive python
@ 2010-02-03 16:06 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-02-03 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

For some reasons I've never been able to write to python-mode (via
gmane+gnus) so I'll write it here...

It would be nice to have something like
- execute current function (asking for argument if needed)
- generate doc string (doesn't make sense to write it manually)

and so on.

I've found something but I had some problems and it was using pymacs.

Pymacs is really nice but apparently in a dead state, so maybe it's
better to not count too much on it...

Is there something already, or maybe do you have any hints on where to
start to do it??
Thanks

* Re: More interactive python
@ 2010-02-03 16:59 ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2010-02-03 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Crotti; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, python-mode

Andrea Crotti wrote:
> For some reasons I've never been able to write to python-mode (via
> gmane+gnus) so I'll write it here...

Hi Andrea,

you should not encounter difficulties posting to this list:
Python-mode@python.org

I'll forward this message meanwhile.

> It would be nice to have something like
> - execute current function (asking for argument if needed)
> - generate doc string (doesn't make sense to write it manually)
>
> and so on.
>
> I've found something but I had some problems and it was using pymacs.
>
> Pymacs is really nice but apparently in a dead state, so maybe it's
> better to not count too much on it...

Think some people are interested in, me too.

Might be helpful, if you make some bug reports.

tracker is here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode

It's the right place for feature requests too.

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

> Is there something already, or maybe do you have any hints on where to
> start to do it??
> Thanks

* Re: More interactive python
@ 2010-02-04 22:52   ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-02-04 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: python-mode

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

> Andrea Crotti wrote:
>
> I'll forward this message meanwhile.

Well I have no idea, I'm already subscribed
An attempt was made to subscribe your address to the mailing list
python-mode@python.org.  You are already subscribed to this mailing list.

But every time I try to send something I only get an error saying I'm
not authorized, I already tried enough times for my patience unfortunately...

> Think some people are interested in, me too.
>
> Might be helpful, if you make some bug reports.
>
> tracker is here:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode
>
> It's the right place for feature requests too.

Thanks a lot,
Bug submitted:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode/+bug/517311

* Re: More interactive python
@ 2010-02-05  9:20     ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2010-02-05  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs, python-mode

Andrea Crotti wrote:
> Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:
>
>> Andrea Crotti wrote:
>>
>> I'll forward this message meanwhile.
>
> Well I have no idea, I'm already subscribed
> An attempt was made to subscribe your address to the mailing list
> python-mode@python.org.  You are already subscribed to this mailing list.
>
> But every time I try to send something I only get an error saying I'm
> not authorized, I already tried enough times for my patience unfortunately...

Looks like your adress when sending is another as the one subscribed for. Checking your mailers send-adress, when composing a mail should solve it.

>> Think some people are interested in, me too.
>>
>> Might be helpful, if you make some bug reports.
>>
>> tracker is here:
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode
>>
>> It's the right place for feature requests too.
>>

> Thanks a lot,
> Bug submitted:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode/+bug/517311

See it, thanks.

BTW, do you use IPython  -- An enhanced Interactive Python?

Thats one of the most useful tools IMHO resp. Python and Emacs.

Cheers

* Re: More interactive python
@ 2010-02-07 23:58       ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-02-07 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: python-mode

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

> Looks like your adress when sending is another as the one subscribed
> for. Checking your mailers send-adress, when composing a mail should
> solve it.

Well actually it's the same, I don't know what I could look for...
I send via gmane with gnus, and I have the same configuration everywhere
(on this mailing list also), so I don't understand what else could be
the problem.

> BTW, do you use IPython  -- An enhanced Interactive Python?
>
> Thats one of the most useful tools IMHO resp. Python and Emacs.
>
> Cheers

Yes I love ipython, but for simple things I would prefer to do
everything in emacs.

By the way if there is the possibility to reload automatically in my
ipython process my python files every time that I save it would be great
and save me some annoying typing...