all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Jump to autoconf macro documentation
@ 2011-01-30 10:47 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2011-01-30 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I would like to help myself to understand and write correct Configure.ac
files.

Now one idea would be to be able to jump from the macro to its
definition.

So I found that the definition of every macro is given in the autoconf
Info page, for example under with the string:

Macro: AC_ARG_ENABLE

so it would be easy to jump to.

Only one problem, how (thing-at-point 'word) doesn't work well with

AC_ARG_ENABLE for example, so or I redefine locally how a word should be
(if possible), or I have to do some other regexp trick to get it.

Another problem is that I don't get how to look for, if I have an Info
buffer already open it uses that position.  So maybe it's better if I
create a new Info buffer and use it.

And also how do I jump to an info page from the TOC: RET is bound to
this:

(Info-follow-nearest-node &optional FORK)

But I think there is a smarter way than doing a search-regexp and then
use that function, right?

[parent not found: <mailman.1.1296384469.21090.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]