all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* yasnippet losing default snippets
@ 2010-01-23 10:44 andrea
From: andrea @ 2010-01-23 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

A strange thing happened, now yasnippet is only loading my personal
snippets and not anymore the defaults one.
My configuration is pretty simple

(require 'yasnippet)

(setq yas/root-directory
      '("~/.emacs.d/my-snippets/text-mode/"
	"~/.emacs.d/yasnippet/snippets/"))

;; Maybe needed to set to fixed for some modes
(setq yas/indent-line 'auto)

(yas/initialize)

(setq yas/ignore-filenames-as-triggers t)

(mapc 'yas/load-directory yas/root-directory)

;; don't make backups in the snippet folder, they mess up yasnippet
;; Should this really go here?
(add-to-list 'backup-directory-alist '("/my-snippets/" . "/tmp/"))

and it always worked.
I can see the snippets loaded from the menu and if I click on them they
work, but if I try to expand the right keys it doesn't find any
completion.

I also tried to load only subdirectories for modes (maybe I modified
something) but it's the same, and I don't get any error message.
What could that be?

* Re: yasnippet losing default snippets
@ 2010-01-23 10:57 ` andrea
       [not found]   ` <mailman.60.1264246676.14305.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: andrea @ 2010-01-23 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

andrea <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> A strange thing happened, now yasnippet is only loading my personal
> snippets and not anymore the defaults one.
> My configuration is pretty simple
>
> (require 'yasnippet)
>
> (setq yas/root-directory
>       '("~/.emacs.d/my-snippets/text-mode/"
> 	"~/.emacs.d/yasnippet/snippets/"))
>
> ;; Maybe needed to set to fixed for some modes
> (setq yas/indent-line 'auto)
>
> (yas/initialize)
>
> (setq yas/ignore-filenames-as-triggers t)
>
> (mapc 'yas/load-directory yas/root-directory)
>
> ;; don't make backups in the snippet folder, they mess up yasnippet
> ;; Should this really go here?
> (add-to-list 'backup-directory-alist '("/my-snippets/" . "/tmp/"))
>
> and it always worked.
> I can see the snippets loaded from the menu and if I click on them they
> work, but if I try to expand the right keys it doesn't find any
> completion.
>
> I also tried to load only subdirectories for modes (maybe I modified
> something) but it's the same, and I don't get any error message.
> What could that be?

Strange, also updating yasnippet or just loading the default
configuration doesn't make any difference, very wierd, only my own
snippets are working...

* Re: yasnippet losing default snippets
@ 2010-01-23 11:37   ` andrea
       [not found]   ` <mailman.60.1264246676.14305.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: andrea @ 2010-01-23 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

andrea <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:
>> (setq yas/ignore-filenames-as-triggers t)

Solved, it was this stupid variable, strange because I don't think I
ever modified it and it was working before, now anyway it's fine...

Strange also that the default snippets don't come in the "right" format,
with an extension and the "key"|"group" keywords

@ 2010-01-24 10:00     ` ramblex
From: ramblex @ 2010-01-24 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

It's probably worth reporting this on the yasnippet site (http://
code.google.com/p/yasnippet/issues/list).