all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Enable hl-line-mode with recentf
@ 2014-09-16  7:49 Florian Lindner
From: Florian Lindner @ 2014-09-16  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I want to enable hl-line-mode when I use recentf-mode

(recentf-mode t)

;; adding a hook
(add-hook 'recentf-mode-hook (lambda ()
                               (hl-line-mode t) ))

;; or use the key command
(global-set-key (kbd "C-x C-r") (lambda ()
                                  (interactive)
                                  (recentf-open-files)
                                  (hl-line-mode t) ))

Both had no effect? BTW, do I need to place the hook before (recentf-mode
t)? Tried both, both had no effect.

Thanks,
Florian

* Re: Enable hl-line-mode with recentf
@ 2014-09-16 14:08 ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2014-09-16 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> I want to enable hl-line-mode when I use recentf-mode
>
> (recentf-mode t)

I'm not sure I understand.  In which buffer do you want lines
highlighted - in the file selection dialog buffer (recentf-mode only
places a submenu in the menu-bar)?  Then you probably wanted to

  (add-hook 'recentf-dialog-mode-hook 'hl-line-mode)

That isn't very useful, though.  The file names in the dialog buffer are
buttons, and they are not highlighted by `hl-line-mode', only the (tiny)
rest of the line.

Michael.