Sorry for the long response time! IRIE Tetsuya writes: > I have problem if using viper. > > 1. emacs -q -nw > 2. M-x server-start > 3. M-x viper-mode > 4. emacsclient -d :0.0& > 5. some action on X frame (e.g. C-xC-f, M-x foo...) > 6. viper-save-cursor-color: Symbol's function definition is void: viper-color-defined-p The error appeared because Viper thinks that Emacs still does not have support for faces on tty devices. I committed the following patch as patch-214, but I think it should also be included in CVS. (The bug is not triggered in CVS, but the patch enables face support there, too.)