all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Persistent undo across editing sessions
@ 2012-03-28  8:19 Marco
From: Marco @ 2012-03-28  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all!

I am new to the list and new to emacs.

I'd like to have this feature and I don't understand how to implement
it: I'd like to be able to have the undo history of one file kept
between different editing sessions (possibly then using undo-tree
which I found around).

Is this possible? (I guess it is: my impression is that *everything*
is possible in emacs)
Does someone have an idea on how to do it?

Thanks,

marco

PS
RTFMs are welcome, provided that you give me a link on where to read ;)

* Re: Persistent undo across editing sessions
@ 2012-03-28 15:34 ` Tom
From: Tom @ 2012-03-28 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Marco <gaedol <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all!
>
> I am new to the list and new to emacs.
>
> I'd like to have this feature and I don't understand how to implement
> it: I'd like to be able to have the undo history of one file kept
> between different editing sessions (possibly then using undo-tree
> which I found around).

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2985050/is-there-any-way-to-have-emacs-save-your-
undo-history-between-sessions