all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Eclim for emacs -- has anyone tried it?
@ 2011-11-10 16:25 Jai Dayal
From: Jai Dayal @ 2011-11-10 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Vim: http://eclim.org/
Emacs: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsEclim

Has anyone tried this?  Any success?  Should I just stick with ECB?

Problem with ECB is that it doesn't reference files in other directories...
always open to alternatives.

Jai

* Re: Eclim for emacs -- has anyone tried it?
@ 2011-11-11 16:16 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-11-11 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jai Dayal <dayalsoap@gmail.com> writes:

> Vim: http://eclim.org/
> Emacs: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsEclim
>
> Has anyone tried this?  Any success?  Should I just stick with ECB?

What has ecb and Eclim got in common?

@ 2011-11-11 16:24 ` Tom
From: Tom @ 2011-11-11 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jai Dayal <dayalsoap <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Vim: http://eclim.org/
> Emacs: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsEclim
>

> Has anyone tried this?  Any success?  Should I just stick with ECB?

I tried it once with a project already setup in Eclipse. It works and
understands the code, so it can give you intelligent, syntax-aware,
context-sensitve code completion, not just completion from the TAG file
and stuff.

I don't have to work with Java at the moment, so I just gave it a try
back then to see if it really works. Though it supports other languages too
(C/C++, etc.) and can provide the same intelligent completion for them,
so if somebody works with one of these languages then it's worth a
try:

http://eclim.org/features.html