all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* argument swap elisp function?
@ 2011-08-25 19:03 fork
From: fork @ 2011-08-25 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Perhaps this is available, but I would love a function to swap arguments around
a comma (really an arbitrary split pattern), like this:

"foo, 123" gets mapped to "123, foo"

Have any intrepid elisp hackers put something like this together?

Thanks!

* Re: argument swap elisp function?
@ 2011-08-25 19:12 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-08-25 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: fork; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

fork <forkandwait@gmail.com> writes:

> Perhaps this is available, but I would love a function to swap arguments around
> a comma (really an arbitrary split pattern), like this:
>
> "foo, 123" gets mapped to "123, foo"

M-t with cursor on say the comma or space works. You can do more R&D
with C-h k M-t

@ 2011-08-25 21:59   ` fork
From: fork @ 2011-08-25 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jambunathan K <kjambunathan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> M-t with cursor on say the comma or space works. You can do more R&D
> with C-h k M-t

Cool!  I can make that work...