all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Blink-cursor-mode default off for Nextstep but on for X and W32.
@ 2010-12-04 10:09 Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2010-12-04 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Hello.

While messing with cursor I noticed that blink cursor is default off for ns
but on for w32 and X:

   :init-value (not (or noninteractive
                        no-blinking-cursor
                        (eq system-type 'ms-dos)
                        (not (memq window-system '(x w32)))))

Is there a resaon for this or just an oversight?

	Jan D.

* Re: Blink-cursor-mode default off for Nextstep but on for X and W32.
@ 2010-12-04 16:36 ` Adrian Robert
From: Adrian Robert @ 2010-12-04 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Jan Djärv <jan.h.d <at> swipnet.se> writes:

> Is there a resaon for this or just an oversight?

As far as I know, the latter.

* Re: Blink-cursor-mode default off for Nextstep but on for X and W32.
@ 2010-12-06  6:52   ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2010-12-06  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Adrian Robert; +Cc: emacs-devel

Adrian Robert skrev 2010-12-04 17.36:
> Jan Djärv<jan.h.d<at>  swipnet.se>  writes:
>
>> Is there a resaon for this or just an oversight?
>
> As far as I know, the latter.

Thanks.  I made it default t for ns also, the same as for w32 and X.

	Jan D.