all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Generate F12 as an input event
@ 2009-09-06  6:32 PT
From: PT @ 2009-09-06  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I know I can generate simple character input events for the command loop:

      (push ?t unread-command-events)

How can I do the same with function keys like F12 which don't
correspond to a single character?

Thanks.

* Re: Generate F12 as an input event
@ 2009-09-06 18:55 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2009-09-06 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

PT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know I can generate simple character input events for the command loop:
>
>       (push ?t unread-command-events)
>
> How can I do the same with function keys like F12 which don't
> correspond to a single character?

(push 'f12 unread-command-events)

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA

* Re: Generate F12 as an input event
@ 2009-09-07  5:04   ` PT
From: PT @ 2009-09-07  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodgers <at> gmail.com> writes:

> (push 'f12 unread-command-events)

Cool, thanks!

Is it documented somewhere? I tried to search for it in the elisp manual,
but maybe  I didn't look hard enough.

* Re: Generate F12 as an input event
@ 2009-09-07  8:45     ` Andreas Politz
From: Andreas Politz @ 2009-09-07  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

PT <spamfilteraccount@gmail.com> writes:

> Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodgers <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> (push 'f12 unread-command-events)
>>

> Cool, thanks!
>
> Is it documented somewhere? I tried to search for it in the elisp manual,
> but maybe  I didn't look hard enough.

Here you go:

(info "(elisp) Function Keys")

-ap

* Re: Generate F12 as an input event
@ 2009-09-07 18:10       ` PT
From: PT @ 2009-09-07 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andreas Politz <politza <at> fh-trier.de> writes:

> > Is it documented somewhere? I tried to search for it in the elisp manual,
> > but maybe  I didn't look hard enough.
>
> Here you go:
>
> (info "(elisp) Function Keys")

Thanks. I went straight to "Keyboard Events" through the index.
Somehow I assumed  I'd find function keys under it. :-o